Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone Fast
How to Transfer All Information from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud without Computer
Hello everyone! Today in the article we will briefly talk about how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with iOS 11. There are several ways, so we’ll start with the simplest. I also highly recommend reading the instructions carefully. If you have any questions, then ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
ATTENTION! During data recovery, never turn off the devices, or disconnect them from the Wi-Fi network or from the cable when connecting directly.
This is the easiest way to transfer data and all information between two iPhones. You will need about 5-10 minutes, so it is better to choose free time. Also, the old device must have an iOS system of at least version 11.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the old device and put it next to the new one.
- Now we turn on the new device.
- Next, you should see the Quick Start window. Make sure your Apple ID is correct before clicking Continue.
Transfer Data iPhone to iPhone in 2021
- An animation will appear on the new device. You need to hold the old phone over the new one. Next, wait for the completion message. If nothing works, just perform “Manual Authentication”. there is nothing complicated there, just follow the instructions.
- Now on the new iPhone, enter the passcode that was on the old one. The most commonly used 4-digit numeric code.
- Setting up “Face ID” or “Touch ID”.
- Now you will need to authenticate your Apple ID account. enter the password from it.
- Next, you will be prompted to configure all currently installed programs on the new device, as on the old phone. All this is done through the iCloud cloud.
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone
Transferring a backup
You can transfer all settings from iPhone to iPhone using a backup. True, the second device should be new or should not be configured or tied to any of the Apple accounts. Otherwise, you won’t be able to sync your account. To erase all information on the old or new phone, go to the items: “Settings”. “General”. “Reset”. “Erase content and settings”. enter the password from Apple ID to confirm the operation.
- We turn on the new phone. Further, there is nothing complicated, we act according to the instructions, up to the item “WI-FI network settings”. We select your home or any network you know, enter the password to connect to it. Select “Recover from iCloud Copy”.
- Enter your Apple account details by entering your ID and account keys.
- Selecting the current backup by date.
- Updating iOS to the latest version.
- Setting up the iTunes Store or App Store.
- We are waiting for the process to end.
Fast transfer of all data from one iPhone to another can be done with a direct connection without using the cloud. You can also use two methods. The first is the transfer of information over a Wi-Fi network. The second is using a Lightning to USB 3 adapter and a regular charging cable. In the second case, we connect one end of the Lightning to USB3 cable to one iPhone. To connect the second device, we use a USB charging cable and a free port on the adapter.
ATTENTION! Both devices must have an iOS version of at least 12.4.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the old device and bring it closer to the new one. If you will be using a cable connection, then use the diagram that I described just above. We select the item “Quick start”.
- Further steps will be approximately the same as in the previous method. First, you need to verify your Apple ID. Then perform quick authentication using animation. Enter the PIN and password for the account. And at the very end, we transfer the application settings.
Recover data from iTunes using a computer
You can transfer settings, photos, files and all other data using iTunes. The most important thing is that the new device is not tied to any of the Apple accounts. To remove and clean an iPhone or iPad. look at the beginning of the previous method.
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone without iTunes or iCloud
- We turn on the new iPhone or iPad to copy data to it. We act according to the proposed steps until the “Applications and data” window appears. select “Recover from Mac or PC with Windows”.
- We connect to a computer, laptop or Mac book, on which iTunes is already installed with the downloaded backup from the first device.
- Opening iTunes or Finder on PC.
- We select the required backup. look at the download date. You may also need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Updating iOS on a new smartphone.
- We are waiting for the process to end.
Transferring information using iCloud
Using iCloud to sync data is one of the easiest ways to get your purchased phone ready for everyday use. It is only important to take into account the fact that a new smartphone must have a SIM card installed.
Before porting data, you must create a backup copy of it in the phone’s memory. To do this, connect your old iPhone to the network using Wi-Fi. You also need an Apple ID account. Now you can start directly creating a copy.
- Open the device settings menu.
- Find the item “iCloud” there.
- “Backup copy”.
- Switch the “iCloud Backup” slider to the active position.
- Click “Create Backup”.
- Wait for the end of the process without disconnecting the device from the Internet.
When the copy is finished, you can start transferring data to the new device.
- Start a new smartphone. A window with greetings in different languages should appear (if the device has not been configured yet). If the screen does not appear (that is, the device is already configured), then you need to reset the settings to the factory settings. Instructions for resetting the settings are below.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network, connect to it.
- Next, customize your smartphone to your liking until the item “Programs and data” appears, in it select the line “Recover from a copy of iCloud”.
- Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID account information.
- Select the copy of the data you need. To select, you can navigate by the date of its creation.
- Wait for the end of the data download process without disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
If you need to restore the settings to factory settings, then do the following sequence of actions.
- Open the settings.
- Go to “General”. “Reset”. “Erase Content and Settings”.
Using the Quick Start feature
If the old and new devices have versions of the operating system iOS 11 or higher, then you can use the “Quick Start” function.
- Put old and new devices side by side.
- Start a new device (settings should be reset to factory defaults).
- Select the language on your new phone.
- When a notification about “Quick start” appears on a new device, a window about synchronization with a new smartphone should be displayed on the old one.
- Please confirm. Quick Start prompts you to use your Apple ID to set up. If the continue setup button is not pressed, turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- The animation should appear on the new iPhone. Press the back covers of the smartphones together and wait for the message about the end of the process.
It is important to keep the devices as close to each other as possible so that the data transfer process goes without errors.
It is advisable to keep the Wi-Fi connection active throughout the entire process and make sure the smartphones are more than half charged beforehand. These two actions allow the iPhone to load photos, applications, music and more into memory at one time.
Transferring data via iTunes
In this method, you will also need to use a computer.
- Connect your old phone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes. If an outdated version of the program is installed on the computer, then you need to update it.
- Create a backup by clicking on the “Create a copy now” button in the “Browse” item of the device settings in iTunes.
- Wait for the end of the copy creation process.
Next, you need to transfer the copy to a new device.
- Start a new device. Settings should be reset to factory defaults. (A welcome screen should appear. If not, refer to the last instruction in the previous paragraph).
- Customize your new phone to your liking until the Apps & Data screen appears.
- Select “Recover from iTunes Copy”.
- Connect your new smartphone to a PC that has a backup of your old device.
- Select a new device in iTunes.
- “Recover from copy”.
- Select the copy you need (navigate by date).
- Once the restore is complete, you can complete the setup of the new device.
Methods to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
Depending on your convenience, you can use one of the instructions below to transfer data from one device to another.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone. All Methods
If you are considering this article, congratulations, most likely you have become the owner of a brand new iPhone and are just getting to grips with the functionality of the desired acquisition. The initial question that needs to be resolved now is transferring all data, contacts and settings from your old device. In this article, we will analyze the question of how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone in simple and convenient ways.
Thus, transferring data from one iPhone to another is easy. You just need to choose the most convenient transfer method and perform a series of simple actions. successful settings!
Transferring a backup
Now let’s talk about restoring information from a backup. To do this, turn on the device, follow the setup instructions until a screen with Wi-Fi settings appears. Connect to the network and continue setting up to the Programs and Data window. Select “Recover from a copy of iTunes” from the options provided, and then click the “Next” button. Connect the purchased smartphone to the computer, in the iTunes program, select the smartphone from the list of detected devices. Click on the “Recover from a copy” button, and in the list select an archive suitable by date. If the information is encrypted, enter the password. Complete the setup, but do not disconnect the wireless network. this is how the smartphone will download the saved photos, videos and music content.
Transferring information from SIM
Ask in advance about the characteristics of the purchased device. whether the configuration of the existing SIM is suitable for the new smartphone. If the form does not match, contact the mobile operator’s salon:
- to replace the card with a suitable one;
- to buy an adapter;
- for trimming the card to the working size.
If the card fits, transfer the contacts from the smartphone to the SIM. To do this, download the My Contact Backup application from the AppStore and follow the instructions. Also, contacts are transferred if the “Contacts” item is activated in the “iCloud” menu when creating a backup.
Before the beginning
Before transferring data from iPhone to iPhone, you need to perform a couple of manipulations so as not to lose information. If the smartphone was previously synchronized with the Apple Watch smartwatch, then the connection with the old phone should be broken. When you do this, the watch will automatically save files. After establishing connection with the purchased smartphone, download the information from the copy. the watch is ready for use again. It is important not to interrupt the work in the process of obtaining a backup copy, otherwise the archive will not be saved, and the information packages will be lost. We’ll have to be patient and wait.
Quick Start app
In updated versions of iOS, starting at least 11, the function of safely transferring information to another “apple” device called “Quick Start” is implemented. The application is used to configure mobile devices in an automated manner. The nuance is that both the old and the purchased phone are used during the work. Smartphone manufacturers note that during the transfer of information, the use of devices in the normal mode is not encouraged, so you should leave the phones alone and then follow the recommendations. Pairing does not take much time, information transfer lasts on average 10 minutes. it depends on the volume of copied files and settings.
Transferring information via iCloud
The iCloud application is an indispensable assistant for Apple product owners. While Apple builds more storage into smartphones for user files, it often lacks enough space to house important information and backups. Here iCloud comes to the rescue, allowing you to access user information regardless of time and location, the main thing is access to the wireless network.
Synchronizing devices near each other
Place smartphones in close proximity, and then open the Quick Start app on your current phone. To transfer data to your new iPhone, follow the guidelines.
- Connect the phones with Bluetooth and pair. To transfer information, the smartphone will offer to use the current Apple ID. Verify that the correct user record is being used.
- An animation will be displayed on the purchased smartphone, position the current device over the purchased one so that the picture is in the middle of the viewfinder. Wait for the end message to appear on the purchased phone. If the camera module of the current machine does not work, select the manual authentication method.
- If necessary, confirm the action by entering the current digital display lock code.
- Set up identification by face or fingerprint on the purchased smartphone. iPhone will kindly offer instructions.
- When prompted on the display, enter the numeric code.
- The purchased smartphone will offer to restore settings, apps and files taken from an extreme iCloud backup. The user independently chooses which settings and files should be transferred.
If the current smartphone is synced with the Apple Watch, then confirm the pairing request with the new smartphone.
In order to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud, you will have to attend to creating a backup copy. To do this: enable Wi-Fi transmission on the current smartphone; open the settings menu and find the item with the owner’s name; go to the item “iCloud”, in the window that opens, find the link “Backup to iCloud”; move the slider to the active position; click on “Create a backup”. Wait until the copying is completed and do not disconnect the Internet connection. the copy is uploaded to the cloud server, the duration of the process is affected only by the amount of uploaded information. If the owner believes that the smartphone contains a lot of useless files, it is recommended to clean the iPhone.
Transferring a SIM card or contacting a telecom operator
Most of all, users worry about the saved contacts and phone number, so first of all it is worth paying attention to the SIM card.
- Check if the size of the card matches the tray of the new device. if so, remove the SIM and install it in the purchased smartphone.
- If the card is not suitable for purchase, contact the office of the mobile operator for a SIM replacement.
- It is also recommended to contact sales outlets if the SIM is larger than necessary. trimming takes a minute and costs a penny.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start Feature
The purchase of a new iPhone is a joyous occasion for the Apple user. The problems that he may face are saving and transferring all the data accumulated on the old device. There are several options for how you can transfer the necessary information from one phone to another, and this is described below.
How to Copy iPhone to New iPhone
How exactly you can transfer data from one iPhone to another has already been said. However, it is equally important to know how to set up a new iPhone and how to reset the settings on an old one.
The latter, of course, is only done after a cloud backup has been created. What you need to do to perform a factory reset on your old device:
- Turn on the phone, go to the “Settings” section.
- Enter the subsection “Cellular data transmission network”.
- Call the command “Reset settings”.
- Select “Reset content and settings”.
This starts the process of completely resetting the iPhone to factory settings. If a caller ID or automatic dialing was previously installed on the device, all this will also go away. That is why you need to copy the account in advance, that is, before the deletion process is started.
Important! After a reset, the phone will need to be turned off and then turned on again. The transition to the factory settings will already be automatic, and nothing else needs to be done with the old device. Further work is underway only with the new phone.
A complete transition to a new device is accompanied by the fact that you need to turn it on, change the language, translate the time, and the like. If difficulties arise, an assistant is installed in the smartphone, which will prompt what needs to be done. There are different options for how you can customize the phone for yourself. If necessary, you can remove geolocation.
Moving data from the old device is also done through the settings. You must select “Recover from iCloud copy”. After the user is authorized, the download of the backup will begin.
How to transfer data to another iPhone via iCloud
How to transfer information through iCloud has already been described many times. The most important thing to do is create a backup. Without this, further work is simply impossible.
In fact, the transfer takes place automatically and does not need maintenance. The person will only need to start the recovery, and then activate the account.
How to transfer all information from iPhone to computer
Re-saying how to transfer data from phone to computer:
- Connect the device via cable to PC.
- Drop information into iTunes (or any other that were indicated above).
- Rearrange the SIM card. Reset the settings of the old device.
- Transfer data to a new smartphone by first connecting it to a PC. To do this, the screen is selected “Restore from a copy of iTunes”.
- Select the desired copy in the program.
- Wait until the end of the procedure.
Note! Managing and transferring data using iTunes is quite simple, so most users do not have any problems with it. But where to get the information if difficulties nevertheless arise? There is a good instruction on how to use iTunes.
How to transfer data via Quick Start without a PC
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using the “Quick Start” app, step by step:
- The new phone must be switched on and placed next to the old one. For the data transfer to be successful, the old device must have iOS version 11 or higher installed. The Quick Start screen appears on your new phone. You will be prompted to use the settings with your Apple ID. Check the correctness of the identifier, click the “Continue” button. If the continue function is not displayed, it is recommended to check the Bluetooth connection.
- An animation should appear on the screen of the new phone. The user needs to pick up the device and fix it over the old iPhone so that the animation is located in the center of the viewfinder. If everything is done correctly, the message “Completing on new (iPhone name)” will appear. You can authenticate manually if for some reason the camera cannot be used.
- You will be prompted to enter the password on the new device.
- Enable and configure Face ID or Touch ID, depending on the option selected.
- When prompted, you should authorize your Apple ID on your new iPhone. If several devices are used at once, for example, also an iPad, then passwords are entered on each separately.
- You will be prompted to transfer the backup from iCloud or update the backup and then restore the data. The user can independently determine what from the data he needs to download, for example, applications, geolocation, and what not, for example, music. During the transfer, a Wi-Fi connection must be configured.
The procedure is quite simple and automated.
Note! If the user, in addition to the phone, has additional gadgets, for example, an Apple Watch, then during the data transfer, they can be automatically connected.
Transferring data “over the air” is a long process. It is recommended to use Wi-Fi connection and fast Internet.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is not endorsement or recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility for the selection, functionality, or use of third party websites or products. Apple is also not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of information posted on third party websites. Contact your supplier for more information.
Text file formats suitable for import
You can import text files in many different formats into Notes on your Mac. When imported, each text file is converted to a new note.
Notes supports import of the following file types:
Transferring data between iOS devices
You got a new iPhone or iPad, but how do you transfer data from your old device? After all, there are so many important contacts, passwords, media files, messages and long-installed applications that are not in the AppStore today. There are several simple ways to transfer all the necessary information, having only an Internet access point at hand.
Important! All steps are taken using the iPhone as an example, but they are also suitable for the iPad.
You can back up your information via iCloud or using iTunes on your computer. Later, the corresponding copy will be used for data transfer.
Import notes on Mac
When importing text or.enex files, you can add notes to your iCloud account or to your On My Mac account. Once you save your notes to iCloud, you can see them on any device you sign in with your Apple ID.
- Open the Notes app.
- In the sidebar in Notes, choose the option to keep your notes in iCloud or On My Mac by clicking the folder in the account you want to use.
- From the menu bar, choose File Import to Notes.
- Select a file or folder to import. If the notes you are importing are organized into folders, make sure Preserve Folder Structure On Import is selected. If this item is not displayed, click “Options” in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click the Import button. In the confirmation email, click the Import button again.
After you import your notes, a new Imported Notes folder appears in Notes. Subsequently, the notes can be moved to any folder in the Notes program.
The most obvious, most convenient, and labor-saving method is, of course, online synchronization using the cloud service built into the smartphone. Before you can transfer notes from “iPhone” to “iPhone”, you need to connect both gadgets to the same Apple ID account. You can enable synchronization as follows:
- Go to the Settings app on the home screen.
- Open the iCloud submenu.
- Sign in with your Apple ID account.
- Toggle the toggle switch opposite the Notes application.
The same procedure must be done on the second “iPhone”. The data will be transferred automatically over the Internet. They are stored in the cloud on a permanent basis and can be synchronized even after a complete “wipe” of the phone or its breakdown, so it is highly recommended to use iCloud.
Some users prefer to sync notes using third-party servers. In this case, it is necessary to establish exactly which cloud services are connected to the “iPhone“, and which of them are allowed to use the “Notes” application.
Information about such can be found in the settings of the application itself in the “Accounts” submenu. Before transferring notes from “iPhone” to “iPhone”, it is extremely important to select identical servers for synchronization, both on the sending and receiving devices.