Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using Email
The WhatsApp application has a function that allows you to transfer WhatsApp messages through the use of email. To implement this method, you only need to have a registered mailbox (or two). Follow below steps to send WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
Launch the WhatsApp application on your Android phone and go to “Settings”.
In the new window, select the category “Chat history” and click the option “Export chat”.
Next, check the WhatsApp message history you want to transfer.
The following message appears: “Adding media will increase the size of the exported chat.” Here you need to choose whether to send correspondence with files or without files. Choose the option that suits you: “No files” or “Add files”. Please note that if you choose to include all media files in the data being transferred, the volume of this data will become significantly larger, which means that the process of sending an email will take longer.
In the list of chat transfer options that appears, select the “New message” option (if you are going to send correspondence to your second mail or to another person) or the “Letter to yourself” option (to attach the data to the message that will come to the same mailbox from which it was sent ), type the text of the letter and click “Send”.
After that, go to your mail account on your iPhone phone, where you will see an incoming letter with the WhatsApp chat you sent.
This method is very simple, but it also has significant drawbacks. Firstly, only one chat can be sent using e-mail, and it will take a lot of time and routine efforts to transfer all existing dialogs. Secondly, despite the fact that the dialogues will be transferred from Android to iPhone, it will not work to sync them to iPhone.
How to transfer whatsapp to new iPhone?
Now let’s take a closer look at each of the options presented. For each of the methods, we offer step-by-step instructions, accompanied by screenshots, so that you can easily use any of them. to find out the advantages and disadvantages of using a particular method. In case the selected method did not work on your devices and did not transfer the WhatsApp dialogs to the new iPhone, you can turn to two other methods. However, to avoid wasting time and effort, we recommend starting with the easiest and most optimal way to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
Easiest Way to Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone
Perhaps the fastest and most efficient way to transfer all WhatsApp dialogs from old Android to new iPhone is to use specialized software. Tenorshare iCareFone for Whatsapp transfer is a utility from the developer Tenorshare that implements previously impossible cross-platform WhatsApp transfer with just one click.
Below we invite you to familiarize yourself with a brief overview of the main characteristics of the program.
- Easily Transfer WhatsApp Chats Between Android iOS.
- Direct WhatsApp Business Transfer between iOS Android. New
- 1 click to backup or restore WhatsApp data WhatsApp business.
- View and export WhatsApp messages and link backups to HTML.
- Create backups & restore iOS Kik / LINE / Viber / WeChat chat history on Mac.
- Compatible with iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 and Android 10.
The program has wide functionality and great potential. The presence of such a utility will allow you to remain confident in the security of your data and high-quality management of it. To use this program to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android device to iPhone, you will need to make a minimum effort. Follow the instructions below.
Install the tool on your computer, connect two devices and click “Transfer”.
Then Tenorshare iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer will automatically back up your WhatsApp data. Then click “Continue”.
You will enter your phone number to confirm the WhatsApp backup.
Wait a few minutes, your WhatsApp will be transferred to your new iPhone 12.
This method is not in vain ranked first in our list of possible options for transferring WhatsApp data. As you can see, Android device data is transferred to iPhone with just one click. The program is extremely easy to use and pleases with fast and high-quality results.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with Backup
The method that we will describe below is based on using the function of backing up WhatsApp messages on an Android phone and then restoring this copy already on a new device. iPhone. To use this method, you do not even need to have both devices on hand at the same time: you can create a backup in advance, and after purchasing an iPhone, complete the process. So, we bring to your attention a step-by-step guide to transfer WhatsApp from Android phone to iPhone.
On your old device (Android), launch the WhatsApp application.
Go to the “Settings” section and select “Chats”.
From the list of possible operations, select the option “Chats backup”.
Here you will see a list of available WhatsApp backups that were previously created. To create an up-to-date copy, start the copying manually by clicking on the “Backup” button.
Once the backup process is complete, uninstall the WhatsApp app from your device. To do this, go to “Settings”. “General”. “Application Manager”. WhatsApp. Click on the “Delete” button.
On your new phone (iPhone), download and install the WhatsApp app. Launch the app and log into your account using the old phone number.
After that, a message will appear stating that a backup was found, select the “Restore” option. After the restore process is complete, the WhatsApp chats will be available on the iPhone.
The method of using a backup is quite convenient, but you need to carefully monitor the process of creating and restoring a backup in order to avoid failures and errors in the course of work that can lead to the loss of all data.
ways to transfer whatsapp from Android to iPhone.
WhatsApp is today one of the most popular applications among both Android smartphone owners and iPhone users. Simplicity and ease of use, prompt and high-quality communication, a guarantee of confidentiality, provided by end-to-end encryption of correspondence, keep this application in the lead for a long time. If you decide to change your Android to iPhone and want to know how to transfer WhatsApp to another phone, in our article you will find the top 3 ways to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Text and voice messages, videos, images and other media files. all of this can contain important information for the user or be just pleasant memories that are sometimes difficult to part with. So, below we will take a closer look at how you can transfer WhatsApp to a new iPhone.
So, in our article, we have covered some of the best ways to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. Detailed instructions attached to each of them will help you to confidently and easily carry out this operation yourself, with a minimum of effort, and achieve maximum results. Leave your Комментарии и мнения владельцев at the end of the article and share your ways of solving this problem. We are waiting for your results and advice to those who are still looking for a solution.!
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
The transition from iPhone to Android, in my opinion, is slightly more difficult than the other way around, especially if you have been using various Apple applications for a long time (which are not presented in the Play Store, while there are Google applications in the App Store). Nevertheless, transferring most of the data, primarily contacts, calendar, photos, videos and music, is quite possible and relatively easy.
This tutorial details how to transfer important data from iPhone to Android when moving from one platform to another. The first method is universal, for any Android phone, the second is specific to modern Samsung Galaxy smartphones (but it allows you to move more data and is more convenient). The site also has a separate guide on how to transfer contacts manually: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android.
Transfer contacts, calendar and photos from iPhone to Android using Google Drive
The Google Drive app (Google Drive) is available for both Apple and Android and, among other things, it allows you to easily upload contacts, calendar and photos to the Google cloud and then upload them to another device.
This can be done using the following simple steps:
- Install Google Drive from the App Store on your iPhone and sign in to your Google account (The same one that will be used on Android. If you haven’t created this account yet, create one on your Android phone).
- In the Google Drive app, tap the menu button and then the gear icon.
- In the settings select “Backup”.
- Turn on the items you want to copy to Google (and then to your Android phone).
- At the bottom, click “Start Backup”.
In fact, this completes the entire transfer process: if you log in on your Android device under the same account that was backed up, all data will be automatically synchronized and available for use. If you also want to transfer the purchased music, about this. in the last section of the instructions.
Using Samsung Smart Switch to Transfer Data from iPhone
On Android smartphones Samsung Galaxy there is an additional opportunity to transfer data from your old phone, including from the iPhone, allowing you to access much more important data, including those that can be difficult to transfer in other ways (for example, iPhone notes ).
Transfer steps (tested on Samsung Galaxy Note 9, should work similarly on all modern Samsung smartphones):
- Go to Settings. Cloud & Accounts.
- Open Smart Switch.
- Choose how you will transfer data. via Wi-Fi (from the iCloud account where the iPhone should be backed up, see How to create an iPhone backup) or via USB cable directly from the iPhone (in this case, the speed will be higher, as well as more data transfer will be available).
- Click “Get” and then select “iPhone / iPad”.
- When transferring from iCloud over Wi-Fi, you will need to enter your iCloud account login information (and possibly a code that will display on the iPhone for two-factor authentication).
- When transferring data via a USB cable, connect it as shown in the picture: in my case, the included USB-C to USB adapter was connected to the Note 9, and the Lightning cable from the iPhone was connected to it. On the iPhone itself, after connecting, you will need to confirm trust in the device.
- Choose what data you want to download from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy. In the case of using a cable, the following are available: contacts, messages, calendar, notes, bookmarks and settings / emails, saved alarms, Wi-Fi settings, wallpapers, music, photos, videos and other documents. And also, if you have already signed in to your Google account on Android. applications that are available for both iPhone and Android. Click the “Submit” button.
- Wait for data transfer from iPhone to Android phone to complete.
As you can see, using this method, you can very quickly transfer almost any of your data and files from iPhone to Android device.
If you used an Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, transferring it by cable or something else, you probably shouldn’t: Apple Music is the only app from Apple that is also available for Android (you can download it on the Play Store), and your subscription in it will be active, as well as access to all previously purchased albums or songs.
Also, if you use “universal” cloud storage, available for both iPhone and Android (OneDrive, DropBox, Yandex Disk), then access to such data as photos, videos and some others from a new phone will not be a problem.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
When transferring data from iPhone, I faced the problem of transferring music. In general, I looked for ways on the Internet, but I constantly knocked out some kind of error. But it turned out that everything is much simpler. Just downloaded Wondershare MobileTrans and made the transfer.
If passwords are saved, for example, in Chrome and you use them under your Google account with synchronization, then when you log in on another device with the same account, your passwords will also be there.
To transfer data from the contact book, you will need to connect an iCloud account and activate synchronization. You can do this by going to the iCloud options menu, where you need to launch Contacts. We just have to extract data from the cloud, for which we go to the www.iCloud.com page on the computer. On it we enter data from our account, click the “Contacts” item and mark the necessary contacts.
Next, press the gear key and then on the “Export vCard” item. A file in VCF format will be saved to your computer, where you will find all the contacts selected in the previous step. Go to the page www.google.com/contacts, in the left menu select the item “Import contacts” and open the file you downloaded earlier. If you are using a beta version of the updated “Contacts”, where the import does not function properly yet, you should select “” in the menu on the left. In the full list, select import, after which you will be offered to return to the previous version of this service. It remains only to activate the synchronization of the contact book in the parameters of the new device on Android.
How to transfer data from iPhone to Android. Detailed algorithm of actions
The question of how to transfer data from iPhone to Android worries many users who decide to switch from one operating system to another. The purchase of a new gadget always poses the need to transfer old user data, contacts, photos, music. Convenient if the previous device was with the same software shell. But if you switched to another operating system, then the task becomes more difficult.
Now let’s move on to transferring calendar data from iPhone to Android. Moving events from a custom calendar is done as follows. Moving on to the iCloud settings, where you need to allow calendar syncing. On the www.iCloud.com resource, go to the appropriate section and look for the Share icon in the list of available calendars, located to the right of its name. In the displayed menu, select the Public Calendar option, and then copy the link (webcal: //….). Open a new page with a browser and paste it into the address bar. Replace Webcal with http, Enter. This will cause the computer to save the file with a name of hundreds of characters. It is a standard text document that can be given any name. To connect it to Google Calendar, open the link www.google.com/calendar in the browser, go to the “Other Calendars” section, where in the drop-down menu, click Import calendar. Now open the downloaded file from your PC, after which all events will be transferred to your calendar on your Google account.
Photos as well as video files
It is convenient to use the Google Photos service to move photos and videos. To do this, we install the official Google application on our iPhone, in which you need to enter your profile and activate the autoload of photos and videos. Next, select the item “Upload all photos and videos”. We are waiting for the completion of the download process, after which you can see your materials in the Photos program on the new Android device. If you do not want to use the Google service, then you can carry out this procedure without an Internet connection. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer using a Lightning cable. Go to Explorer, where right-click on the icon of your smartphone in the list of available devices. We select the item “Import images and videos”. The import window will appear in front of you, where you can configure the settings for this procedure (select a folder, erase files upon completion of copying, etc.). Now we connect the Android phone to the PC and using the explorer, copy the folder to its internal memory or SD card.
Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
iOS is a user-friendly and reliable operating system. It supports synchronization of contacts, as well as calendar and mail with a Google profile, if you specify it in the form of a mailbox. In this case, you do not have to worry about anything, just log into your account on your Android phone. Immediately after that, the data will be available for viewing on the new gadget. If you have not thought in advance that you will transfer data from iPhone to Android, then most likely you have tied all data to the iCloud service. In this regard, the procedure is a little more complicated.
The question of how to transfer data from iPhone to Android smoothly moved to bookmarks. We will analyze the classic version, because the majority of iOS users use the Safari browser and “switch” to Chrome or Firefox on Android OS. Data transfer from Safari is also performed using the iCloud service (we first enable synchronization in the device parameters). But you need to do this not using the site, but through the iCloud application for your computer.
In it, you must select the “Bookmarks” item, set the browser in the settings, press the Apply button and select Merge. After the above manipulations, you will be prompted to download a special utility iCloud Bookmarks for one of the browsers in order to completely transfer bookmarks from Safari to Chrome or Firefox. If you have previously logged into your Googl account, then you don’t have to do anything else. When using the Firefox browser, the task will be somewhat more difficult, especially if synchronization was previously disabled. First of all, you need to activate synchronization, for which we log into your Firefox account or register it. We do the same on an Android phone and enter the resulting code in the browser. If you don’t want to install iCloud on your computer, you can use iTunes instead. But there is one peculiarity. you need to activate sync with iCloud in the smartphone settings. For this purpose, we connect the iPhone to the PC, turn on iTunes and open the device page in it. We select the tab “Information”, where we find the item “Other”. Next, select the item “Synchronize bookmarks from the Safari browser” and click “Apply”. After these steps, the bookmarks from your iPhone are combined with the bookmarks of one of your desktop browsers. you just need to enable it, export the bookmarks to an HTML file and import them using the standard method into the desktop versions of Chrome or Firefox. From them, they are transferred in the above way to the Android phone.
Using third-party resources
In this case, it is impossible to use the standard method of restoring messenger data from an old device to a new one: you cannot back up to Google Drive from iPhone, and you cannot restore from iCloud from Android. Therefore, intermediary programs are the only way to perform a complete transfer of all Whatsapp data from iPhone to Android. This could be, for example, “Restore Social App (iOS Android). Pricing Plans” by Dr.fone or “Backuptrans iPhone WhatsApp to Android Transfer” by Backuptrans.
However, this transfer of WhatsApp history from iPhone to Android has a couple of not very pleasant moments:
- All services that really work and are safe for smartphone OS are paid. At the moment (2021), the cost of the licensed program starts from 20.
- These programs belong to foreign developers and are not Russified. Although in general, the average user will be able to understand.
Export chats to e-mail
Let’s make a reservation right away, there is no talk of data synchronization here either. This is just a way to save WhatsApp messages and attachments attached to them, with the ability to view them from another phone. in our case, from Android. But in some cases, this option may be optimal.
How to transfer Whatsapp chats from iPhone to Android individually using email:
- Login to iPhone in Whatsapp.
- Open the “Chats” tab and open the desired dialogue.
- Click on the contact’s name.
- A list of available actions will open, among which you need to select “Export chat” to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
- Select the type of export. with or without attached media files (pictures, photos, videos).
- iPhone will spend a few seconds processing the request, and then a list of services to which data can be sent will appear on the screen. Choose to send by e-mail.
- Specify the mail address. the one and the mail service that will be used on Android.
- Click “Send” to transfer Whatsapp correspondence from iPhone to Android.
It can also be the button “Email yourself”. it all depends on the version of your iPhone.
To the email address you provided. mail will receive a letter with an attachment, which will contain the history of the correspondence. Next, it remains only to go to the mail client on Android and open this message.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android. Step by Step Guide
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android with Wazzapmigrator
Wazzapmigrator is the most downloaded WhatsApp transfer app on google play. Basically this app takes all iPhone WhatsApp data and converts it to a format that Android Phone can read.
This is a paid app and costs 6.99. But it is a sure way to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android if you follow the instructions step by step.
However, you need assistive software to do this, and the procedure is quite complicated. Want to take a shortcut?
Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android using Wazzapmigrator:
Backup iPhone Data to PC with iTunes
Back up your iPhone to a local PC in unencrypted format. To do this when backing up your iPhone to your computer using iTunes, simply uncheck the “Encrypt backup” box.
You will need to download iTunes Backup Extractor on your PC. It will help you take a closer look at the WhatsApp files in the iPhone backup and extract them. We recommend that you use the iBackUp Viewer ‘which is free.
You can also choose iPhone Backup Extractor ‘which is free until 4 files are extracted (enough to download the WhatsApp backup file).
Extract ChatStorage.sqlite data, AKA WhatsApp to your computer
With iBackUp Viewer, you can extract WhatsApp files from iTunes backup. Your chats will be stored in the following location:
AppDomainGroup. Group.Net.WhatsApp.WhatsApp.Shared. ChatStorage.sqlite
AppDomainGroup. Group.Net.WhatsApp.WhatsApp.Shared. Media (it will be in the form of a folder, copy the whole folder)
Transferring WhatsApp Data to Android
Once extracted, you can import WhatsApp history (ChatStorage.sqlite) from PC to Android in various ways.
After transferring WhatsApp Data from PC to Android, you will also need to download ‘WazzapMigrator on your Android phone from Google Play.
The final stage
Connect your Android phone to your computer. It will show you the internal files. One of these files will be the WaszzapMigrator Folder.Copy the files previously extracted from the iPhone using the tools mentioned in step 4 to this folder and press the play button on Android. Then you can let the app do its job and do all your WhatsApp messages from your iPhone to your Android phone.
While this app is the most downloaded WhatsApp transfer app on Google Play, the process doesn’t seem easy and doesn’t always turn out to be the most reliable way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android Smartphone
Download WhatsApp Transfer for PC on Windows or Mac, launch it and select the WhatsApp Transfer option in the utility window. There is no translation into Russian in the application, but in fact it is not needed, since the user is required to press literally a few buttons.
The WhatsApp Transfer function is responsible for the universal transfer of WhatsApp messenger data from one smartphone to another, backing up WhatsApp on a computer and restoring from a previously created backup using the utility.
In the left column, select the messenger from which you want to transfer data between smartphones. The list includes WhatsApp, Viber and much less popular messengers in Russia LINE, Kik and WeChat. After choosing the desired messenger, in our example it is, of course, WhatsApp, click the Transfer WhatsApp messages button.
Immediately after that, the main window of the function will open, in which smartphones connected to the computer are determined. Connect the devices between which you want to transfer to your computer using USB cables. Wireless connection via Wi-Fi, for example, via iTunes in the utility is not supported.
If any additional steps are required to identify the smartphone by the computer, the utility will notify you of this. For example, in our case, the program prompted that on the Xiaomi smartphone, you need to enable developer settings and allow the installation of applications via USB. This is necessary in order for the utility to gain access to download data from the WhatsApp messenger. I didn’t have to make any additional settings on the iPhone.
When both smartphones are identified in the program, it is important to make sure that the device on the left is the device from which you want to copy WhatsApp data. If this smartphone, on the contrary, is located on the right, click the Flip button. She is responsible for changing positions of connected smartphones.
When all preparations are ready, press Start. Immediately after that, the process of transferring all WhatsApp data between your smartphones will begin. While the information is being copied, in no case disconnect any of the smartphones from the computer. Otherwise, your WhatsApp data may be corrupted.
In a few minutes, all the data from WhatsApp from one smartphone will be on the other. In the messenger application on the new smartphone, all that remains is to perform the initial setup.
Note that WhatsApp Transfer is shareware. The basic functions of the utility are available for free after a simple registration. To open all the features of the program, you must purchase the full version.
Launch the iBackup Viewer app
To get started, connect your iPhone using a USB cable to a stationary computer or laptop, launch the iTunes media player and click on the icon of your iPhone on the screen. Make sure data encryption is disabled and click the Backup Now button. Then open your browser and go to wazzapmigrator.com, download the iBackup Viewer backup software. When the installation is complete, just activate the program.
What is the difficulty of transferring WhatsApp data between smartphones
Users constantly face problems when transferring data from WhatsApp and other instant messengers from one smartphone to another. over, in the case of transferring information from iPhone to iPhone through a backup copy, in which, as it seems, all data should be saved.
The problem is that WhatsApp internal files are often not transferred even through backups. Either part of the correspondence will not be copied, as luck would have it. the most important, then attachments will be trite, including valuable photos and videos.
That is why in this manual we talked about how to transfer correspondence and all other information from WhatsApp from smartphone to smartphone in the correct way. Transfer so that absolutely all data from the old smartphone is on the new one. It doesn’t matter if you need to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to iPhone or from iPhone to an old Android smartphone with outdated firmware. This is the main advantage of the method, which is much more efficient compared to transferring data with other utilities or manually.
To transfer WhatsApp data between smartphones, we will use the MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer utility. It also allows you to transfer data between iOS, Android and Windows Phone bypassing iTunes, Samsung Kies and other similar programs.
The official website of the WhatsApp developers says that they do not store chat history on servers. Consequently, the program will not be able to return very old correspondence or a very important photo of a document taken several years ago. To prevent the loss of important chats, the creators of the app recommend backing up to a cloud storage developed by Apple specifically for iPhone owners. And the most important thing is not to uncheck the “Automatic” box. But first things first. Before proceeding with the following steps, check these parameters:
- The iOS firmware version on your iPhone must be higher than 7;
- Go to “Settings”, in the very top line, click on the name of your account, then go to the “iCloud” section, scroll down a little and find the line “iCloud Drive”. It must be activated;
- While in Settings, go to General, then iPhone Storage and make sure there is enough free space for your iCloud backup. Before starting to create a copy, the required number of gigabytes and megabytes will be displayed on the screen, so, if necessary, free up space.
Important note! It is possible to return the saved data to the cloud storage only if the user logs in from a new device through the same account on which the backup was made! Otherwise, it is impossible to return the data.
If all the settings are in order, then follow the instructions below:
- Launch WhatsApp, in the bottom line of the menu, find the “Settings” tab (a panel in the form of a gear);
- Go to the “Chats” section, then to “Backup”;
- In this menu, the application will calculate the required space to save a copy in iCloud. It depends on the number of chats, how many images, videos and other multimedia files are in the memory. In the same section, you can check the “Automatic” option, which allows the program to save all information from chats every day, every week or every month. In this case, you do not have to go in and update the data every time, and in the event of an urgent change of the device, everything will remain in the cloud storage and will not go anywhere;
- In the penultimate step, click on “Create a copy”. Wait for the end of synchronization;
- Next, pick up a new gadget and go to the WhatsApp application. The messenger will offer to restore the data. In the highlighted field, enter the phone number that was linked to the previous smartphone. Enter your username and password from the same iCloud, then the device will offer to restore the backup. Agree and wait for the procedure to complete. Typically, it takes from three minutes to 30 minutes and depends on how much content has been uploaded (chats, contacts, media received or sent).
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone
WhatsApp Messenger is a convenient and easy-to-use chat application. At the moment, the program supports text, voice messages and video communication, allows users to exchange media files (videos, images, documents, locations and locations, contacts and much more). Most importantly, WhatsApp is supported on all available platforms (iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android). This is an international messenger that allows you to correspond with people from different countries without spending money on expensive calls.
Usually, when switching to a new smartphone or changing a SIM card, dialogs with contacts are not saved or synchronized, even if an old SIM is inserted into the device. How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone or Android device? In this article, we will cover all the possible ways to transfer chats.
Transfer chats from iPhone to Android via PC
In order to quickly transfer dialogs from iPhone to Android, you need a Windows computer, and you do not need to download any applications. The previous method is also suitable, but it only transfers one chat. And also. you can view chats only through mail (and no action is possible), since these operating systems have a different encryption system.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable, preferably an original one;
- If iTunes is installed on the PC, the program will begin to recognize the smartphone. Close this application, it won’t come in handy;
- On the keyboard, hold down the two keys WIN and R. The command line will open;
- In the window that appears, enter “cmd”;
- Find the WhatsApp folder. To do this, enter the “dir” command. If the data is hidden and you want to view the system files, then enter “dir / a”. You can also search through the standard Windows Explorer, if it is easier for you;
- Copy the found folder;
- Connect the Android device;
- After that, on the computer, open the contents of the smartphone and find the folder with the name of the messenger. Usually she is always separate from everyone and it is not difficult to find her. Drag the folder;
- Files migrated but not activated. To do this, pick up your Android device and open the WhatsApp application. Log in, the application will offer to restore the backup, click on “OK”.
Exporting a specific chat
If you do not want to transfer all the correspondence histories, but one specific one, then follow these steps:
- While in the WhatsApp application, go to the dialogue that needs to be transferred;
- Click on the name of the contact or the subject of the group chat, and, scrolling down, select “Export chat”;
- Next, a window will be highlighted in which it is proposed to attach media files or not. In the first case, it becomes possible to add additional content, and the size of the exported file will increase. In the second case, the size will not change and only data from the selected correspondence will be transferred;
- From the new window that appears, select the method of transferring information. There are several options. save to another messenger (for example, Telegram or VK) or save to “Files”.
How to recover data using a computer? This will help a program from Apple called iTunes. If it has not been downloaded yet, then it is worth doing it from the official site.
- Connect your old iOS smartphone to your PC;
- Launch iTunes and create a backup. To do this, go to the path “File”. “Devices”. “Backup”;
- Wait for the sync to finish. Disconnect your old device and connect your new iPhone;
- After connecting via the USB cable, a window will appear that prompts you to restore the saved data. Select “Restore from iTunes Backup”.
- The information is already stored on the phone, but has not yet been activated. Log in to the application via your phone number;
- A notification about the saved backup will appear, click on “OK”. After that, all chats will be transferred to the new device.
This method is good because it transfers not only correspondence to WhatsApp, but also all other information. applications, photos, videos, notes, selected settings, etc. In general, transfer data from iPhone to iPhone completely.
Just keep in mind that the data that has already been created and saved on your new iPhone will be deleted, since the old copy before backup will delete all information. We strongly recommend that you also make a copy on the new iPhone, so that in case of loss of any useful information, you can quickly restore it.
IPhone to Android
Use Whatsapp Recovery to transfer information between devices. You need to install it on your PC and then connect your iPhone to your computer. After that, you should open the program and find the “WhatsApp” folder there, go to its contents using the dir command line.
You need to download the messenger on your Android device and, without installing it, copy the “WhatsApp” folder using the Copy button, transferring it to your smartphone. After installing the application, all that remains is to confirm the phone number registered in the system, and then restore your correspondence.
Transferring conversations between Blackberry devices
Blackberry has its own “cloud” storage. Link. With it, you can make copies of files, including the correspondence “WhatsApp”. In the future, all that remains is to transfer everything to a new smartphone and launch the messenger on it.
Transfer Whatsapp between different OS
You cannot directly copy data to a device with a different operating system. Information can be saved without the possibility of synchronization.
IPhone to another iPhone
You can transfer files to another Apple device using local copy. You can install this option yourself. To do this, go to the iPhone Settings, select the Chats subsection, and then activate the slider next to the Save Media line. You can upload the necessary files using the file manager or PC. The messenger must be downloaded to the new device after transferring the Whatsapp folder from the previous smartphone, allow the start of file recovery by entering the old phone number.
You can also copy data and sync it between Apple devices using the “cloud” storage iCloud, which is analogous to Google Disk. Here you can set the option to save the daily history of the “WhatsApp” messenger. For further transfer to another iPhone, you need to open the cloud storage on the previous device, click on the “Create a copy” line and transfer all the correspondence there. After that, the messenger is installed on the new device, the archive is transferred to it.
Transferring Whatsapp chats within the same platform
You can transfer chats to a device with the same operating system by saving the files in the internal memory in advance, copying them to an SD card or cloud storage. At the same time, all information is protected from accidental loss, provided that it has not been deleted earlier.
Transfer to smartphones with Windows Phone
All Windows smartphones have a Data Transfer function. If the option was not found, it can be downloaded as a special application from the Windows market. In order to make a duplicate of the messenger’s correspondence and send the file to another device, you need to enable Bluetooth on both smartphones. After that, you should activate the option “My data” in the application “WhatsApp” and click “Continue”. From all available Bluetooth devices, you need to select the desired smartphone and start synchronizing with it. To download files, you need to check the boxes next to them and start the copying process.
How to save Whatsapp conversations when changing phone
Every owner of a new smartphone or tablet is faced with the need to transfer important information from the Whatsapp messenger from an old mobile device. The question arises, how to transfer “WhatsApp” to another phone, keeping the correspondence and contact list. Observing simple rules, the user can transfer messages from the old device to the new one and continue communicating with friends and acquaintances.
Transfer Whatsapp from iPhone to Android
Transferring WhatsApp from iPhone to Android helps out pretty well in some situations. Moving information from one device to another may be necessary in several cases: changing the model of the gadget (from the iPhone system to Android), duplicating data to another phone, and others. WhatsApp does not provide the ability to move saved archives of communication between two gadgets with different operating systems. The procedure is carried out in several ways.
You can also transfer chats from iPhone to Android by creating a copy of data. You need to create a backup copy of chats on the iPhone in order to use it in the future on any gadget. To do this, follow these steps.
Data recovery via iTunes
Copying materials using iTunes is very prudent. This method will help if copying is configured in advance. Most often helps out in case of mechanical damage to the iPhone.
iTunes is a media player platform that lets you back up and access your data from any device. Chats can be uploaded to your Google account or directly to Android. When using WhatsApp Recovery, you can download correspondence to your computer without using your iPhone.
- launch WhatsApp Recovery. The program will display possible copies in the iTunes system;
- select the required correspondence and it will be displayed on the screen;
- select what you want to save and click the “export” command;
- choose where to save the files (for further exporting files to your smartphone, you need to save them in VCF format).
Transfer WhatsApp via e-mail
You can move text messages with media attachments using an active email address. e-mail mail. When choosing this method, to solve the problem, follow a series of steps:
- open WhatsApp on iPhone;
- select the “Chats” section;
- mark the dialog that needs to be exported (you can transfer it separately by one correspondence);
- click on the name of the dialogue (if it is a group one) or on the name of the interlocutor;
- in the menu that opens, select “Export chat”;
- mark in what format to transfer data. with or without media files;
- among the export methods, mark that using e-mail;
- write down your email address;
- confirm the sending of information;
In order to open dialogs on another Android device. go to the mail and open the message with the necessary information.
It should be noted that the data can only be viewed by mail. The application cannot open and provide correspondence. This is due to the fact that different operating systems of gadgets have different encryption of information.
Transferring data via a computer
This method is carried out using a third device. a computer. The essence of the method is to save correspondence to a computer, and then upload them to an Android smartphone. To carry out this operation, you need:
- install WhatsApp Recovery after downloading it to Tenorshare;
- connect iPhone to PC using a cable;
- a window will open in which you need to mark WhatsApp and click on “recover”;
- copying and saving of materials will occur. After that, connect another gadget to your computer;
- transfer backup. drag the folder with the saved files to your smartphone (Android);
- after the download is complete, disconnect the smartphone from the PC;
- download WhatsApp on Android and go through the usual registration by number;
- the messenger will see the backup and offer to restore. Rebuild.