Which iPhone is better xc or xp
New product screens
These 2 phablets have a Super Retina OLED display. The dimensions are different for everyone: the small Apple iPhone XS has a 5.8 “display, the model with the Max prefix has a more impressive 6.5” (it’s worth noting that this is the first Apple iPhone with such a large screen). As for the color rendering:
The buttons for phablets are onscreen, no mechanics at the bottom of the display.
What’s interesting about the iPhones presented: new features
The first thing worth mentioning is, of course, the cool GPU. It is strong, productive, has 4 cores, in general. a real gamer’s dream. But the main feature is different: the processor uses Neural Engine technology.
It is a self-learning artificial intelligence that significantly expands the capabilities of graphics, allowing you to plunge into another reality. For example: the user can explore caves or “fall” into deep wells, only slightly tilting the smartphone. Looks. wow, how realistic.
Another cool feature is Smart HDR in cameras. How does it work? After pressing the button, the camera takes 4 pictures, and at the same time. one more picture with a dark background, 1 photo with a light one. As a result, all frames are combined into one. and you get the highest quality, with natural harmony of color, without dark or too bleached areas of the picture. Video on such a camera can be recorded with stereo sound in 4K format.
Externally: design and beauty
The iPhone XS and XS Max (aka the iPhone 10 C and 10 C Max) are almost identical apart from their size. Frameless devices are housed in stainless steel and glass, which looks expensive and presentable. There are three colors to choose from: “gold”, “silver” and “noble gray”.
The entire front of the devices is occupied by a large screen with “bangs”, which has already become a familiar feature of Apple. This display design is already in the iPhone X, and therefore did not cause significant surprise among fans of the brand.
The XR smartphone differs from its “brothers” in size and color range on the body. Those who love brightness and extraordinary things will definitely like XR. The manufacturer “dressed” the device, in addition to the classic colors, also in coral, red, deep blue, yellow tones.
The so-called “budget option” has noticeable frames around the screen and aluminum on the case, which is better to immediately hide in a protective case so that it does not pick up scratches. In addition, there is no 3D Touch, it is replaced by Haptic Touch.
Despite the visual differences, the flagships have a lot in common in design:
- There are no fingerprint sensors. Apple brand smartphones are no longer unlocked with buttons, the company has completely switched to Face ID technology. That is, the device is unlocked only by identifying the user’s face.
- No headphone jack. This trend is increasingly common in flagship devices.
Two of the presented Apple smartphones boast IP68 waterproofing, XR. 67. This means that the iPhone can easily stay underwater at a depth of 1-2 meters for 30 minutes, while remaining unharmed.
Read about other devices with protection here: TOP-10 protected phones: rating of 2018
Overview of cameras of three devices
As the manufacturer himself said at the presentation of the flagships, the cameras of smartphones have become better and faster. This became possible thanks to the updated A12 processor, which increases the sensor speed by exactly 2 times. The changes also affected the pixel size. In practice, this guarantees detailed shots even in low light conditions.
Now more about modules. The description of the new iPhone XR reveals several secrets to users. So, the device has one 12 megapixel camera. It has optical stabilization and focusing. The other two flagships from this line have the same camera, only supplemented by a second module, with which it takes good pictures in the dark and at a greater distance to the subject.
- Recognizes faces by clearly defining their contours.
- Corrects complexion by properly calibrating white balance.
In addition, in portraits, the exposure is adjusted and the depth of field changes. What will it give? You can take more complex pictures with deep gradations in tones. This camera upgrade will be appreciated not only by ardent selfies, but also by real professionals in the field of photography.
Apple iPhone XS, XR or XS Max: we determine the best by 6 points
Autumn 2018 will be remembered as a bright event in the world of mobile technologies. Apple released 3 cool flagships: iPhone XS, XR and XS Max. Even with an impressive price tag, smartphones have already won many hearts around the world. But what to choose, which one is better, and whether it is worth chasing a novelty. the article will help you figure it out.
Iron of the new flagships
As mentioned above, the collection of new gadgets of the brand carries a powerful A12 processor “on board”. The manufacturer himself said that this modern 7-nanometer chip is the fastest in the world. In terms of numbers, the devices are 15% faster and 50% more efficient.
The memory of the devices also delighted the fans. The XS and XS Max models are available in 3 variations: 64GB, 256GB and 512GB. The budget line has smaller volumes, the coolest smartphone XR has 256 GB.
The duration of the new products has also been modernized. Compared with the sensational iPhone X, the devices have become 1.5 times more autonomous, while a full charge is enough for:
- about 20-25 hours of active conversations;
- about 12-15 hours with constant freezing on the Internet;
- 14-15 hours of continuous video viewing;
- 65 hours of listening to your favorite artists.
The battery power is restored through the Qi charging technology or in the standard way, using a cord. It will take about an hour to replenish the lost energy in the battery.
Technical parameters of devices
The table shows the generalized characteristics of the iPhone 10 C, 10 C Max and 10 R. Comparison of phones will help determine the right model for yourself, as well as understand whether the devices are worth their money.
In general, the iРhone XS and iPhone XR cameras are similar. But the main difference is that in the XS, the main camera is made up of two photo modules, and in the iPhone XR, from one. Both phones offer Smart HDR and Depth Control functions, portrait mode, high-sensitivity sensors for dynamic shooting, and much more. Both iPhone XR and iPhone XS feature a TrueDepth front camera for expressive selfies.
- iPhone XR: 12MP camera, f / 1.8 aperture, Smart HDR, Focus Pixels, Depth Control, Portrait mode, 7MP TrueDepth front camera.
- iPhone XS: 12MP dual camera, f / 1.8 and f / 2.4 aperture, Focus Pixels, Depth Control, Portrait mode, 7MP TrueDepth front camera.
In terms of design and physical characteristics of the case, the iPhone XR is undoubtedly at a high level, but still inferior to the iPhone XS. First, it features a 7000 series aluminum alloy bezel, while the XS’s bezel is made from a more durable stainless steel alloy. XR corresponds to the index of the degree of protection IP67, and XS. IP68. This, in turn, means that the first smartphone is able to withstand a half-hour dive to a depth of 1 meter, and the second. the same dive, but already to a depth of two meters. The iPhone XR is larger and heavier, and the display bezel is wider. As a significant advantage in favor of XR, it is worth noting the wider choice of colors: Blue, White, Black, Yellow, Coral and RED (Product).
- iPhone XR: 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3mm, 194g, IP67 protection.
- iPhone XS: 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm, 177 grams, IP68 protection.
As for the features of the display, the advantage will be in favor of the iРhone XS. The iPhone XR has an LCD display, while the iPhone XS has an OLED display. The resolution and contrast ratio of LCDs are relatively smaller, so images appear less saturated and vivid than OLEDs. IPhone XR replaces 3D Touch with Haptic Touch, and lacks support for Dolby Vision and HDR10. It’s fair to say that the comparative advantages of the iPhone XS in no way diminish the features and capabilities of the iPhone XR display. When using both smartphones, you will be provided with a high-quality, clear picture with expressive color reproduction.
- iPhone XR: 6.1-inch, Liquid Retina LCD display, 1792 x 828-pixel resolution (326 ppi), True Tone.
- iPhone XS: 5.8-inch OLED, 2436 x 1125 (458 ppi) True Tone.
Both smartphones are equipped with a powerful A12 Bionic processor, respectively, their operational capabilities are generally equivalent. The six-core processor, combined with the unique Neural Engine system, provides incredible user experience, and the execution of even the most demanding tasks is 15% faster than the A11 Bionic.
iPhone XS vs XR. Which Should You Choose?
- iPhone XR: Powerful Hexa-Core A12 Bionic Processor, 7nm Chip, Neural Engine.
- iPhone XS: Powerful Hexa-Core A12 Bionic Processor, 7nm Chip, Neural Engine.
iPhone XS vs iPhone XR: Feature Comparison
Which iPhone should you choose? Let’s try to get closer to the answer by comparing the iPhone XS and iPhone XR. Let’s compare their key characteristics and find out. in whose favor will the advantage be?
If the iPhone XS Max is just a larger version of the iPhone XS. then the iPhone XR is significantly different in its functional characteristics and operational capabilities. Let’s compare the design features, the properties of the display, cameras and the processor, in order to trace in comparison, what is the fundamental difference between the two popular Apple smartphone models. As a conclusion, we will also try to determine who is still better. iPhone XS or iPhone XR?
That’s where the iPhone XR has a clear advantage. battery life on a full charge. If the iPhone XS is capable of providing 20 hours of talk time, 12 hours of internet use and 14 hours of video playback, then with the XR you will have as many as 25 hours of talk time, 15 hours of the Internet and 16 hours of video playback.
- iPhone XR: 1.5 hours longer overall battery life, wireless charging support (7.5W Max)
- iPhone XS: Supports Wireless Charging (7.5W Max)
It’s hard to establish a clear superiority of one smartphone over another. both the iPhone XR and iPhone XS are good in their own way. In addition, any assessment will be subjective, because when evaluating the device, everyone takes into account exactly what he considers important for himself personally. If you prioritize display capabilities, the iPhone XS is your best bet. If battery life is more important to you, then the iPhone XR is your preferred choice. Surely you can agree on one thing. both smartphones from Apple are high-quality and multifunctional devices that will certainly be useful in use.!
All the differences between the iPhone XS and XR, X and 8 Plus
Apple has unveiled three new iPhones that will form the 2018 lineup. These are the XS, XS Max and XR models. In this article, we compare the XS to the more affordable XR model, as well as last year’s iPhone X and 8 Plus.
Note that there is no point in comparing the XS and XS Max, since they are practically the same device. The processor, cameras, body materials, display type. everything is the same. Only the diagonal of the display differs (5.8 ” for XS, 6.5 ” for XS Max), dimensions and battery capacity.
iPhone XS and iPhone XR
The key thing you need to know is that the XS is Apple’s 2018 flagship, and the XR is a mid-range model that is a quarter cheaper than the flagship. The XR has a slightly larger display, but otherwise almost all of its specs are in one way or another inferior to the flagship. Let’s evaluate where XR is better or worse:
- Display diagonal: iPhone XS. 5.8 ”, iPhone XR. 6.1 ”;
- Display type: iPhone XS. OLED, iPhone XR. IPS LCD;
- Resolution, pixel density: XS. 26881242 (458 PPI), XR. 1792828 (326 PPI);
- 3D Touch support: iPhone XS only;
- Main camera: iPhone XS. dual, 12 MPx (F1.8, 1.4 μm) 12 MPx telephoto. iPhone XR. Single (F1.8, 1.4um).
For the main rear camera module of the XS, XS Max and XR, Apple uses a new sensor with 1.4μm pixels. Previous iPhones from 6S to X inclusive relied on Sony’s Exmor IMX315 (1.2μm)
- Optical zoom: iPhone XS. yes, 2x, XR. not supported (as there is no telephoto lens module);
- Portrait Lighting: Stage Light and Stage Light Mono effects are available on both cameras on the iPhone XS, and on the front only on the XR;
- RAM: iPhone XS. 4 GB, XR. 3 GB;
- Permanent memory: iPhone XS. 64, 256, 512 GB. XR. 64GB, 128GB or 256GB
- LTE, maximum download speed: iPhone XS. 1 Gb / s, iPhone XR. 600 Mb / s;
The bezels around the XR display (right) are noticeably thicker than the premium XS and XS Max.
- Water resistant: iPhone XS. IP68, submersion up to 2 meters for 30 minutes. iPhone XR. IP67, submersion up to 1 meter for 30 minutes;
- Body materials: iPhone XS. protective glass on both sides, stainless steel frame; iPhone XR. Protective glass on both sides 7000 series aluminum frame;
- Body colors: iPhone XS. Silver, Black, Gold. XR. white, blue, black, yellow, coral (pink-orange), red;
- Dimensions: XS. 143.670.97.7 mm, XR. 150.975.78.3 mm;
At the presentation for the XR model, no less time was devoted to the XS. Apple has high hopes for the XR. The smartphone is in many ways superior to last year’s X, and is a quarter cheaper
- Weight: XS. 177g, XR. 194g;
- Battery capacity: XS. 2658 mAh, XR. 2942 mAh;
- Autonomous work (talk time): XS. 20 hours, XR. 25 hours;
- Autonomous work (surfing the net): XS. 12 hours, XR. 15 hours.
You’ve probably paid attention to the last comparison points regarding battery life.
There is no mistake: the XR does indeed last significantly longer on battery than the XS. The reason is that the more affordable XR has more battery capacity than the flagship, and the components use less power. See also: New features of smartphones 2019: helping with the choice.
In addition, there are many points in which the iPhone XR is absolutely identical to the more expensive XS model. They do not differ, in particular:
- Display: True Tone support (as in the MacBook Pro 2018) and extended color gamut;
- Processors: Both gadgets use the A12. See also the rating of processors for smartphones;
- Rear camera main module: the same sensor (12 MPx, F1.8, 1.4 μm) for both smartphones;
- Front camera: TrueDepth 7 MPx Face ID (supports Animoji and Memoji);
The iPhone X, XS, and XR have an impressive array of bezel sensors. They did not simplify anything here in the more affordable XR. Otherwise, it could negatively affect Face ID.
- Wireless charging: Qi;
- Stereo speakers and stereo sound recording: in both gadgets;
- Sensors: three-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity and illumination sensors, barometer;
- OS out of the box: iOS 12.
IPhone XS will go on sale in a number of countries on September 21st. The official device will reach Russia a week later: on the 28th of the same month. In turn, the iPhone XR in the world starts much later. on October 26. But in Russia it will be available on the same day.
First look at iPhone XR from the Miracle of Technology YouTube channel
iPhone XS and iPhone 8 Plus
Now let’s compare the new iPhone XS to last year’s iPhone 8 Plus, which is still on sale at a much more affordable price. The obvious advantage of the XS is its almost bezel-less design, which immediately catches your eye. But how else are the XS and 8 Plus different? Let’s evaluate:
- Display diagonal: iPhone XS. 5.8 ” with a cutout, iPhone 8 Plus. 5.5 ” without a cutout;
- Display type: iPhone XS. OLED, iPhone 8 Plus. IPS LCD;
- Resolution, pixel density: XS. 26881242 (458 PPI), 8 Plus –19201080 (401 PPI);
- User identification: XS. Face ID, 8 Plus. Touch ID;
- Processor: iPhone XS. A12 (6 CPU cores 2.5 GHz, 4 cores GPU). iPhone 8 Plus. A11 (6-core 2.4GHz CPU, 3-core GPU). detailed comparison at the end of the article;
- RAM: iPhone XS. 4 GB, 8 Plus. 3 GB;
- Permanent memory: iPhone XS. 64, 256, 512 GB. 8 Plus. 64 or 256 GB;
- Rear camera, main module: iPhone XS. 12 MPx (F1.8, pixel size. 1.4 μm), iPhone 8 Plus. 12 MPx (F1.8, pixel size. 1.2 μm);
- Optical stabilization: XS. for both rear camera modules, 8 Plus. only for the main rear camera module;
Ten minutes of key facts from Apple’s September presentation of the XS, XR and Watch Series 4 (link to comparison with all previous Apple Watches)
- Front camera: portrait mode, portrait lighting effects, stabilization, Animoji and Memoji. iPhone XS only;
- Front camera: iPhone XS. Full HD video recording at 60 fps. iPhone 8 Plus. Full HD video recording at 30 fps;
- Depth (post-processing aperture setting): iPhone XS only. See the presentation video at the end of the article starting at 1:13:00;
- Sound recording: iPhone XS. stereo, iPhone 8 Plus. mono;
- LTE, maximum download speed: iPhone XS. 1 Gb / s, iPhone 8 Plus. 600 Mb / s;
- SIM-cards (for Russia, eSIM is not relevant yet): iPhone XS. nano-SIM eSIM, 8 Plus. only nano-SIM;
Despite the presentation of new products, models 7/7 Plus and 8/8 Plus are still included in the current line of the manufacturer
- Water resistant: iPhone XS. IP68, submersion up to 2 meters for 30 minutes. iPhone 8 Plus. IP67, submersion up to 1 meter for 30 minutes;
- Battery capacity: XS. 2658 mAh, 8 Plus. 2691 mAh;
- Body frame material: iPhone XS. steel, iPhone 8 Plus. aluminum;
- Dimensions: XS. 143.670.97.7 mm, 8 Plus. 158.478.17.5 mm;
- Weight: XS. 177g, 8 Plus. 202g;
- Additional Notes: Apple claims the XS also differs from its predecessors in improved surround stereo sound, more durable body materials and faster wireless charging. However, there are still no concrete figures and independent tests.
With the announcement of new iPhone models this fall, the price of older models, as it has long been established by Apple, has dropped by 100. In the English-language version of the Apple website, the 8 Plus has dropped in price from 800 to 700. This should also have affected the in Russia.
iPhone XS and iPhone X
Finally, of course, let’s compare the iPhone XS with its direct predecessor. iPhone X. Visually, the devices are practically indistinguishable: the dimensions and shapes have remained absolutely unchanged. The following has changed:
- Processor: iPhone XS. A12 (6 cores CPU 2.5 GHz, 4 cores GPU). iPhone X. A11 (6 2.4 GHz CPU cores, 3 GPU cores);
- RAM: iPhone XS. 4 GB, X. 3 GB;
- Permanent memory: iPhone XS. 64, 256, 512 GB. iPhone X. 64GB or 256GB
- Rear camera, main module: iPhone XS. 12 MPx (F1.8, pixel size. 1.4 μm), iPhone X. 12 MPx (F1.8, pixel size. 1.2 μm);
The presentation slide with the 120 Hz figure misled many. It would seem that the ProMotion feature from the iPad Pro is now available on the iPhone. In fact, this is not the case. The iPhone screen is still refreshed at 60Hz. 120 Hz. Finger Touch Reading Rate
- Front camera: iPhone XS. 7 MPx, Full HD recording at 60 frames per second, stabilization. iPhone X. 7 MPx, Full HD recording at 30fps, no stabilization;
- Depth (aperture adjustment in post-production for stills): iPhone XS only. See the presentation video at the end of the article starting at 1:13:00;
- Sound recording: iPhone XS. stereo, iPhone X. mono;
- LTE, maximum download speed: iPhone XS. 1 Gb / s, iPhone X. 600 Mb / s;
- SIM-cards (for Russia eSIM is not relevant at the moment): iPhone XS. nano-SIM eSIM, iPhone X. only nano-SIM;
An official video highlighting the key innovations of the XS models beautifully (in English)
- Water resistant: iPhone XS. IP68, submersion up to 2 meters for 30 minutes. iPhone X. IP67, submersion up to 1 meter for 30 minutes;
- Battery capacity: XS. 2658 mAh, X. 2716 mAh;
- Body colors: iPhone XS. Silver, Black, Gold. iPhone X. Silver or Black
- Additional Notes: Apple claims the XS also differs from its predecessors in improved surround stereo sound, more durable body materials and faster wireless charging. It also lasts half an hour longer than the iPhone X on a single charge. However, there are still no concrete figures and independent tests.
The dimensions and weight of the two smartphones do not differ, which gives hope for full compatibility of most of the accessories. By the way, we note that from the standard delivery of the iPhone XS, compared to the X and other older models, the Lightning-3.5 mm adapter disappeared, which allowed connecting headphones. Alas, now, if necessary, you need to buy it separately.
Behind Phil Schiller’s back is a practically complete list of the iPhone XS versus X innovations. It is not clear, except why they mentioned Bluetooth 5 support, which was before
iPhone Xr vs iPhone Xs. Full Comparison
Finally, at the presentation, Apple paid a lot of attention to its new A12 processor. iPhone in many hardware parameters may no longer look bright compared to competitors, but you can’t say the same about its “heart”. the Ax series processors. In tests, they very confidently hold a blow against the top-end Snapdragon, Exynos and Kirin.
A12 is used in XS, XS Max and XR. The A11 is the heart of the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X. Let’s compare the A12 to its predecessor, the A11, in a little more detail:
- Manufacturing process: А11. 10 nm (worse); А12. 7 nm (better, more energy efficient);
- Transistors: A11. 4.3 billion A12. 6.9 billion
- Central processing unit (CPU): A11. two powerful Monsoon 2.39 GHz cores four energy efficient Mistral cores. A12. two powerful Vortex 2.49 GHz cores; four energy efficient Tempest cores;
This time the central processor was strengthened by only 15%. Much more attention was paid to the graphics accelerator and the “neural” unit
- The size of the CPU cache (L1i L1d): A11. 32 32 KB; A12. 128 128 KB;
- Graphics processing unit (GPU): A11. 3 cores, A12. 4 cores (Apple claims that the graphics in the A12 are 50% more powerful than its predecessor);
- Neural Engine (special computing unit for tasks related to machine learning): A11. 600 billion operations per second, A12. 5 trillion operations per second.
The changes described above allow the iPhone XS to be noticeably faster than its predecessors. For example, in the popular benchmark AnTuTu, which checks CPU and GPU, the novelty gains more than 360 thousand points, the results of Snapdragon 845 vary from 250 to 290 thousand depending on the smartphone. And the A11 processor takes “only” 220-225 thousand points in AnTuTu.
detailed tests in various benchmarks, as well as real games and applications should appear soon, as soon as the device goes on sale. Enthusiasts will certainly test everything that is possible, as well as discover some as yet unknown characteristics. The same goes for camera tests.
We will try to update and supplement the material as new information becomes available.
Full version of Apple’s September presentation (original)